Monday, June 11, 2012

9:00-5:00 Race Report

Well my weekend started out by getting a cast put on my left hand (yes, I am left handed). I had torn some ligaments in my thumb in Salmon 3 weeks ago and I guess this is how it's going to get better. .... I have never had a cast before and it's ANNOYING. I am wearing it for 3 weeks.
I am allowed to ride my bike with it though! Yippee.
Me, Sara, Janelle and Colleen did an endurance mtn bike race on Saturday called the 9-5, in Boise. You ride on a team, or solo, taking turns doing laps from 9:00a-5:00p (www.knobbytireseries.com). Sara and India rode in the Single Speed solo class and Janelle rode in the Women's solo Open. Colleen did a duo with her hubby- Now that is family bonding!  We all did great!  The laps were 9.5 miles and in the rain and freezing cold (it was a out 45) were taking about an hour each. The mud was something to contend with!!!   Next up... Soldier Mountain (www.knobbytireseries.com).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment