Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Iceman Cameth and Goneth...

And it was.... What was it? It was... Different! I'm from Traverse City, Michigan and have always wanted to do this race. The Iceman Cometh is the largest point to point race in the country. There were 5,147 racers that signed up! That's bigger than the town I live in! It's rolling terrain and come to find out pretty damn fast! I decided, since I am the single speed champ this year, to race my single speed. Back up, I wish I would've thought about that a bit more beforehand. Or talked to someone about gearing, that probably would've helped too. Anything would've helped. The sun shining- that would've helped too. It was 30 degrees at 9:09 when I started in the 4th wave, and snowing. Wet, big, slushy, heavy flakes- reminder to self, this is the ICEMAN and its November in Northern Michigan. Sounds like a Kidd Rock song. I was wearing Lycra. And riding the wrong gear. Do they make a 12? I should've run that. Having Georgia there was awesome. Waldek was pretty entertaining too and they were great dining companions! Seeing Georgia win was awesome! Don't get me wrong this was a very cool race and I would definitely do it again-much differently! This time around I felt like a fly on the wall collecting beta. Which is a good thing! If your newbie and need some tips or some course info, single speed gear beta - let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment