Thursday, June 21, 2012

Sometimes you feel like a Nut

and sometimes.. you don't. And, it comes back to that old saying, 'it's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game'.... Short track racing really is a game (a mind game!!)! Sometimes your aligned and other times, you aren't. In our valley we have a month long short track series - 5 races, every Wednesday through the month of June. When I first moved here there were maybe 3 of us (women) who raced.... and now, well, the Mud Honeys show up! Sort of a little monster I created! I have had years/days of success on the short track and other years well it's more about participating! I don't know if the chicken or the egg comes/came first but I have to say that when I LOVE short track, I am usually going fast and when I sorta like it, I am not going that fast. Funny how that works! BUT, whether I am going fast or not, the best part of short track and the part that keeps me coming back for more, are the women. I love seeing other women go fast! It makes me happy when someone has a great year or day on the short track because really, we are all in this together. I love having the Mud Honeys there b/c I can take the focus off of me and think more about US. I am proud of us!! Short track racing is not easy and without all of them, it'd be really HARD! So, xoxoxoxo to all of my teammates out there. YOU GO, GIRL.

No comments:

Post a Comment